PayPal in New Zealand
The search for the perfect e-wallet to gamble online is endless, as there are a bunch of them out there with the addition of so many new e-wallet services. But we still think PayPal, which is one of the oldest e-wallet payment methods in the globe which was founded back in 1998, is still amongst the topmost e-wallet providers. It was known as Confinity back then and later renamed to PayPal in 2001 after they merged with X.com, which is an online banking company.
In fact, PayPal was a part of eBay initially and later split to become a separate business in the year 2014 as it was already doing well worldwide. Today, it is being used by millions around the world and considered as one of the best payment options for online casinos.
PayPal is so strongly positioned that it can give major competition to big banks, credit and debit cards. You also need to note that it is much older and popular than Skrill and Neteller e-wallet payment options.
We aren’t surprised to find out they have more than 200 million users and used heavily to pay online casinos and live dealer sites. In fact, players search for PayPal casino as the payment option is highly secure along with quick payments.
With that in mind, read out further to know more about how you can use PayPal to gamble at your favourite casino.
Paypal for Gambling
PayPal is an online e-wallet that users link their bank account on the web and use it to complete purchases without entering credit card details again. It has eased up the online payment option for years which is why it has become so popular over the years especially for casino players who need to make payments multiple numbers of times, Which is why most reputed casinos have decided to partner with PayPal so that people can access their money in an easier way.
Casino players prefer PayPal as it has been a pioneer in the field of e-wallets, which makes it trustworthy. In fact, casinos that implement this e-wallet become more secure in the eyes of the users.
Most New Zealand online casinos allow PayPal as a payment method, hence you just need to register a verified account at PayPal and start using it to gamble right away.
Remember, when you use PayPal at an online casino for the first deposit, read the terms and conditions to know if you will be able to claim welcome bonus as many casinos do not offer a welcome bonus to players using e-wallets for payments.
Benefits of Using PayPal
Using PayPal for making payments in a casino has not one but several benefits as listed below.
An Easy to Use Digital wallet
Making payments has become extremely easy as you need not fiddle around to find your cards. Rather use PayPal in any device to make easy and quick payments.
Entering long digit card details can be irritating. PayPal can be used to pay in seconds instead. We can use the account once it is set up and funded to pay multiple sellers and casinos.
This may be one of the most important reasons why you should consider using PayPal as it is extremely secure with all your financial information and it is not shared with the gambling operator, hence you can remain discreet while making payments. The e-wallet uses multi later security measure to offer secure payment methods and the company itself offers 100% fraud protection.
No one likes to waste time depositing and withdrawing cash from the casino. PayPal helps you do it instantly so you can start playing your favourite pokie or table games immediately. PayPal facilitates smooth and efficient transactions that save a lot of time.
Fairly Low Fees
Do not worry about spending a huge chunk of money for withdrawal fees as it is reasonably priced so you can use it for gambling activities,
If you use a credit or debit card for withdrawals, it can take 3-5 days with major online casino sites. If you have verified your personal information with the casino already, the withdrawal is almost instant with PayPal.
On the Go Access
Signing up in PayPal is itself extremely easy, and it takes a few minutes to get the entire process done. After that, you can deposit funds in the account and access it through any device even when you are on the go.
Accepted by all Major casinos
We love the fact that PayPal maintains a highly secure transaction which is acceptable in most of the popular casinos, so you can easily find this payment option and not find it hard to search for a PayPal casino.
How to Deposit through PayPal
If you do not have a PayPal account, then you must first create one to be able to use it as a payment option in online casinos.
- Go to the official PayPal website
- Click on the link that asks you to sign up for a new account.
- Opt for an individual account from the options given.
- The registration form will be displayed where you will have to fill in your personal information that will be verified later. Enter your first and last name, a valid email address, your address and a legitimate phone number.
- A link will be sent to your email address, which you need to click to verify the same.
- For phone number validation, you will receive a verification code that you need to enter.
- To ensure further secure access to your account, you will need to provide answers to two security questions which are saved for verification purposes and for account recovery.
- You can now view the different functions available and enter financial details to pay and receive funds through Paypal. you will have to enter bank account detail as well as debit or credit card details.
- The registered email address acts like PayPal id which needs to be entered to transfer funds.
- Every information you enter pertaining to the bank account or credit card needs to be verified. It may take a day to complete this process.
- Now you are ready-to-use PayPal as a payment option in the casino. Log in to the casino of your choice that accepts PayPal.
- Choose the PayPal option as your preferred banking option in the cashier section.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you will be prompted to complete the transaction.
- If there are no issues, this entire process should take a few minutes before you get the money in the casino account.
PayPal Limit and Fees
Most casinos that accept PayPal as payment option do not have a maximum limit of the amount you can deposit. However, they may set a minimum limit that ranges from NZ$5 to NZ$20 that you can deposit.
In most cases, PayPal is free and will not charge you for making deposits but if you play with a different currency than what you have in your PayPal account, then you may incur conversion charge which ranges from 0.3% to 7.4% depending on the currency.
There are a few casinos that offer specific bonus program for users who use PayPal to deposit cash which may include free spins, free bets or matched funds.
How to Withdraw through PayPal
You will be happy to know that withdrawal through PayPal works like a breeze. The entire process is similar to making deposits through PayPal only difference is that you will be taking out money this time.
- Click on the banking options page on the casino site and click on “Withdraw”.
- The casino presents a list of withdrawal options and you need to click on the PayPal icon.
- Enter the amount you would prefer to withdraw and click on submit.
- Remember to go through the terms and conditions before you approve the withdrawal.
That’s it, the funds will get deposited in your PayPal account. The processing time varies depending on the casino where you are gaming. You should get the funds in your account within 24 hours to 7 working days. You can opt to leave the amount in your PayPal account or move it to your bank account depending on what you prefer.
Several casinos will have a minimum withdrawal limit of about NZ$20 using PayPal. While depositing money with PayPal is free, withdrawal may need you to pay fees. The fee would depend on the amount you wish to withdraw. But you have nothing to worry as the fee is minimal.
PayPal is a great payment option for gamblers in New Zealand. It can be used for easy deposits and withdrawals from an online casino. PayPal ensures to implement a high level of security which also means that only casinos that are licensed and regulated can list PayPal which additionally ensures that the casino is reliable. As a Kiwi payer, do not worry about using bank cards for PayPal transactions. Remember, your email address is the account ID, hence protect the account with a strong password and you can deposit and withdraw money as you please.